Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hockey!!!!

Is it ironic that my last post was hockey related and this one is as well? I think not. The happiest time of the year took off last night with my first official fantasy draft. While I don't want to go into a lot of detail with regards to the rationale behind my picks, I am confident I should field a competetive team this year.

Centres: Patrick Marleau, Joe Sakic, Mike Fisher, Sean Avery

Forwards: Dany Heatley, Daniel Alfredsson, Scott Sullivan, Jeri Lehtinen, Alexi Ponikarovsky, Joffry Lupul, Chad Kilger, Colby Armstrong

Defense: Nikolas Lidstrom, Andrzei Meszaros, Joe Corvo, Ed Jovanovski, Teppo Numminen, Anton Volchenkov, Dimitri Kalinin

Goaltending: Dwayne Roloson, Christobal Huet, Alex Auld

Debate as you will, but I'm happy. The only thing I could see myself doing a little differently is the goaltending.

Comments:
you broke a cardinal rule...

never draft the top players from your favourite team.

you will potentially face a double-whammy of your fantasy AND real teams getting destroyed at the same time if somehow Alfie and Heatley collide and both suffer knee injuries.

...just sayin'............
 
Sweet! You're back in action!

Steve
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?