Tuesday, January 10, 2006

TSN Redux

Just so you know, TSN.ca is usually the very first page I go to after looking at cbc.ca, which is my default page. That might explain why I've been refering to it so much recently. Again, here are the interesting articles for the day:

First

I'm just glad to see the old guy hasn't lost his edge. Shoulda been named to Olympic team too in my mind.

Second

Let's be clear - I have no emotional attachment to Mr. Andreychuk as so many Leaf fans do. But equally clearly, the guy has had a great career. If I'm Feaster, I let Andreychuk play out the year with the big boys, and spare him the indignity of being waived. It's not like he's making a bucketload of cash either.

My second problem with this move is the fact that there won't be a captain - just three alternates. When Ottawa lost Alfredsson for a couple weeks, Redden assumed the responsibilities of wearing the C. While he proved not to be as gutsy as Alfie in leading the team (or providing a whole lot of offense), at least he was ready to try it on for size. Why doesn't the team just name Lecavalier the new captain, which they'll do in the next offseason (which for them, begins mid-april).

Finally

The aforementioned hero returns. Best swedish captain in Ontario - Bar none.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?