Thursday, January 12, 2006

Brainfart # 1 - the introduction

In an attempt to force myself to update this blog more often, I'm just going to start posting whatever I'm feeling at a given time. It may not be topical, and it sure as hell may not make much sense. There is a good chance my ramblings will deal with either a) my love for the Sens, b) my hatred for the Laffs, or c) my loving hate for Steve Johns. If my posts concern anything other than those three topics, it is by pure coincidence.

With that, my first topic is the renaming of Ottawa's rink. The original name, the Palladium, was replaced within a month of the arena's opening. The main sponsor, Corel, took down the cool original name and replaced it with a model of sterility; the Corel Centre. It took me a long time to respect this name. As of Friday, the name of the arena will be "Scotiabank Place". As soon as I can find an image of what the arena will look like with the new lettering, I'll post it.

If nothing else, I pray that they repaint the building exterior. It is currently light blue and coral striped. They should paint it vibrant red and sharp black and white to reflect the Sens colours. It would look less like a giant wuss building that way.

Regardless, farewell Corel Centre!

Comments:
Startlingly, this will also reflect Scotiabank's colours, to some extent...but I imagine that was your point, anyway... :)
 
well, the Red anyways. I suppose black and white could be conceived as semi-neutral background colours.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?