Thursday, November 03, 2005

Hockey Predictions

I don't like making too many predictions about how the hockey season will end up (unlike a certain HERO of a swede), but with my favorite team having three 4-goal scorers in the past 3 games, I can't resist.

1) Toronto will make the playoffs. Shocking that this comes as my number one prediction? I hope so.

2) Ottawa will face Toronto in the 2nd round, and will win in 6 games. There is NO way this team is losing to TO 4 out of 7. They're too damned scary.

3) Sens/Red Wings for the cup. There are very few teams that I feel will challenge the Sens this year for the cup. Red Wings, Flyers, and Canucks are about it. The Flyers and Wings in particular scare the hell out of me.

4) St. Louis doesn't make the playoffs. Duh. Lalime!!!


I have no idea if any of these claims are legit and/or will hold up. I mostly just want to put a few things out there. Am I way too confident? Likely. Am I legit in being this confident? Absolutely. Does Steve's mom do it like that? You betcha.

Comments:
Toronto doesn't worry you *just* a little? Let's face it: Toronto shouldn't have worried Ottawa at least two of the four times they met in the playoffs, but...well, you know. Just for fun, imagine the Sens lost to the Leafs THIS year? Like, can you imagine? I'm not even sure if I feel comfortable predicting what would happen next. Would hordes of Ottawa fans burn down the parliament buildings? Personally, I'd think all bets should be off.

Just remember: it's November. There's still plenty of time for Heatley to blow his knee ligaments, Havlat to kick Bill McCreary in the nuts and get suspended for the next two full NHL seasons and Hasek to bring an AK-47 onto the ice and take out a section of fans. And if *that* doesn't phase you, consider this: the highest-scoring team in NFL history didn't win the Super Bowl.

(In case you need me to reveal the identity of said team, I reckon that figuring it out on your own should be way too easy. Y'know, like your mom after she gets home from work.)
 
What's the matter, don't have the grapes to really let loose?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?