Monday, October 03, 2005

I think this is a bad sign...

I got bored today. In my boredom, I stupidly decided to look at the LEGO website.

Let me tell you a little something about me and LEGO. I MUST have it. It is my precious. At Christmastime, I have received LEGO for 19 years running. I don't see this streak ending anytime soon. Santa will have a lot of venison to eat if the LEGO stops flowing to my stocking.

Anyways, back to the bad sign. Warp yourself a year (or three) into the future and picture me with a $40,000 dollar salaried job. Sweet kick. Now picture me dropping a full 5 percent of that salary on LEGO alone. Not just any LEGO, but Star Wars LEGO. I browsed the website long enough to make a shopping list of what I'm going to buy as soon as I have money.

First, the Imperial Star Destroyer. This model is beyond cool.



When finished, it's about 3 feet by two feet. That's a HUGE bitch!!!!

Next, the Death Star from Return of the Jedi. Voila:



This is also waaay cool. If only it were on scale with the Star Destroyer. This alone is mind-boggling. One website I saw put the Death Star at 800 km in diameter (this was the website with the most math to back it up) and estimated the Star Destroyers at 1.6 km long. If the model Star Destroyers are 3 feet long, simple arithmetic tells me that a scale model Death Star would be 1500 feet in diameter, or almost half a kilometer.

Let's put this into perspective for the only ones reading this blog: We used to live at 230 Barrie St. 1500 feet from that location is approximately where Bagot and Barrie intersect. Better yet, it's the distance from the old place to McD's or Tim Horton's on Princess. That's a big motherfucking Death Star. Maybe they should just leave it as is... a measly 2 feet high. (Ed note: If I ever get Bill Gates rich, I'm going for it.. right after I give the world something everyone can enjoy - I'm going to colourize the moon).

Anyways, those two sets alone come in at 800 bucks sans tax. I guarantee my first paycheck will go to one of those two, likely the Star Destroyer first.

Man, I need a life.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?